HOW WE WORK
Our core principles are as follows:
· We espouse a strength-based view of the struggles of indigenous populations, which entails focusing on the resilience, fortitude, wellness and empowerment of indigenous communities.
· We believe in indigenous solutions.
· We are committed to religious neutrality and support culturally appropriate and internally motivated groups and solutions so that programs are intrinsic to the people they aim to serve.
· We refrain from intentional assimilation and try to remain vigilant about unintentional assimilation.
· We support only high-quality programs.
· We take small steps in a fiscally responsible manner to ensure good management, careful self-assessment, and long-term relationship building.
· We are guided by the concept of relationship rather than charity.
· We are neutral on internal political issues and abstain from internal conflict.
· We do not rely on Tribal governments or the Federal government for financial support.
· We support Tribal sovereignty; we exist for the people.
· We engage only those practitioners, advisers, and others who share these values